Friday, May 7, 2010

Noise

We Cubans are not known for our soft spoken nature. I also happened to marry someone that has a loud voice. So between the boys screaming fests, the telephone ringing, and YO Gabba Gabba in the background, we live in a very loud environment.

As I said before my aunt and uncle live next door. My mom and my aunt talk several times a day, both in person and on the phone. If it's not a call for CAFE! (espresso for the crackers), it's my aunt asking if there's any stale bread for the squirrels (seriously). And as if the constant phone ringing isn't enough, my mom has figured out the speaker phone function. There is no phone that touches her ear becauseshe is also a bluetooth owner. The other day, I heard my aunt dial my mom (on speaker) from the living room of the SAME HOUSE. I couldn't help but laugh at the echo effect of each of their voices talking about.....I dont remember - I'm sure it was something about Tupperware.

Anyone with kids knows how precious a nap is. The viejos believe that noise is good for a sleeping child. "They have to get used to it", they say. This was apparent when I had just gotten the boys down for a nap last weekend and my uncle decided it was a good time to install new shower doors in the bathroom across the hall. Come on people!

Today is Friday and the weekend begins. We will have a full house with Jack and Alaina coming over tonight. I'm sure I will get lots of material for my next post.

Til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment