Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Technology

Technology has come a long way in the last 10 years, and usually viejos don't keep up as they should. This is just not true with my peeps. My mom has a cellphone with unlimited texting, a facebook account, DVR, a digital camera, a camcorder, a bluetooth and a Skype account. They all play an important role in her life. I don't get as many phone calls in a week of working than she gets in one day. And the phone cannot be answered if she doesn't have her bluetooth in. Picture it: phone rings, Mom goes running across the house, and instead of answering it, she fumbles for the bluetooth to get it in her ear. Then she says "se callo la llamada" -- the call dropped. Well, it didn't really drop so much as it took her too long to get the damn bluetooth in. JUST ANSWER THE PHONE! It was probably my aunt saying it was time for CAFE.

Texting is another area in which my Mother excels. She wants it to be as instantaneous as phone calls though. She gets mad if she texts you and you don't respond within 30 seconds. We were at Disney the other day in line for Small World and I look behind us and there's Leonor walking at a snail's pace texting. There is a huge crowd forming behind her. She almost caused a riot, but she had to get that text out! Important business awaited - !

All this technology has definately affected the boys. They know about YouTube and want to watch 'Funny Bear' and 'Elephants Jumping' (there is a clip about an elephant jumping on a trampoline...I don't know why...but that's another story). The other day Peyton brought me the mouse while I was in the bathroom and said "Funny Bear?" Really, seriously, come on!

They also know we have access to just about any show they want to watch. There will be none of this just turning the TV on and watching what is currently playing. They will specifically tell you what they want to watch and demand you play it.

All in all, technology is great and I"m glad my mom is on board; I just have to make sure any pictures taken of me are good because they will be on her Facebook account and emailed out to 25 people within 24 hours!

Just keep the line moving, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment